Petitions.com

Cosham safer road petition

Contact the author of the petition

Guest#1 Feb 17, 2014, 21:05
Long overdue!!
ex-student#2 Feb 17, 2014, 21:33
as a past student, i always had to run across that road sometimes waiting hours and hours for the traffic to die down enough or stop so that i could cross to get the bus home.
i think a crossing will help the hole area and not just the park, as many like me avoid the area because of the lack of being able to cross safely its really off putting none wants to get hit.
Guest#3 Feb 17, 2014, 21:36
I agree I often struggle to cross this road with my young children.
Guest#4 Feb 17, 2014, 21:47
Its a great idea as I live on the other side of cosham and have to cross this road every day to get my don to school. It is a horrible road to cross.
Guest#5 Feb 17, 2014, 23:11
Anything that makes crossing busy roads safer is a must this is not a main artuary in or out the city so no reason why it can not be done
Guest#6 Feb 18, 2014, 07:06
Safety of the young and the elderly should be paramount, this is long overdue.
Guest#7 Feb 18, 2014, 08:51
a crossing would be a lot safer there as parents and children use the park,it is a very busy road for buses and vehicles especially early evening coming to and from the highbury area.
Guest#8 Feb 18, 2014, 19:16
Great cause, this would make it so much safer
Guest#9 Feb 18, 2014, 21:11
As a parent trying to cross with two toddlers who aren't always in a buggy, I think there are lots more stretches of roads in Portsmouth that could do with this & only do you see the dangers more, when you have little ones to assist whilst also keeping yourself safe.
Guest#10 Feb 18, 2014, 22:03
This does need sorting as its very dangerous.
Guest#11 Mar 09, 2014, 21:14
The importance of this petition cannot be stressed highly enough. This a very dangerous and difficult road to cross. A pedestrian crossing would greatly improve the safety of pedestrians.
Guest#12 Mar 10, 2014, 10:22
Its long overdue, I've always thought it was very dodgy getting across the road
Guest#13 Mar 11, 2014, 16:35
If you were to set up a table by the park gates with some petition sheets I am sure many parents would sign it. I would be happy to do a couple of hours duty there.
Hannah Hockaday#14 Mar 13, 2014, 21:54

Re:

#13: -

Hi, Please email me at [email protected] - i'll definately get something setup ASAP.

 

Kind regards,

 

Hannah

Guest#15 Mar 30, 2014, 09:35
this should have been done years ago
Guest#16 Apr 01, 2014, 10:57
I hope more people sign this petition as it is a very dangerous road to try and cross over