Action against Whitburn Health Clinic
Contact the author of the petition
Re:
Action that needs to be taken. The plan is to have staff & doctors get training to deal with situations that need a bit more empathy. To have a better appointment system. Better ways of dealing with complains. More Doctors employed at this surgery. A better surgery for all, the people of this town & for the staff. I can imagine some of the situations that they find themselves in, simply because they have their hands tied & cannot help someone. As far as moving to another surgery!!!! Why should we, why should decent hard working people who do need help because they are genuinely ill, be subjected to unfair treatment by a so called health professional. This is not a personal dig at any of the staff/doctors, nor is this a witch hunt. Some staff at the surgery, will go that extra mile for you & they should not have that taken away from them. This is petition that will be taken to local councillors & will be taken higher if need be. We need to have a surgery that we have faith in & unfortunately this is clearly not the case listening to everyone.
Re:
Doctor Kerr or should I say-Herr Kerr is the problem-he has killed as many people as DR. Harold Shipman with his attitude.All whitburn residents know someone he has shown no compassion for and who has died as a result. OUT with Dr.Kerr I say he is the most ignorant. pompous asshole ever to write a prescription. BLACKBURN is a deprived area too but the Practice has been overseen by genuine heartfelt doctors-why is Blackburn great and WHITBURN NOT SO GOOD-head of practice thats all-Kerr is a total retard of a human being with no compassion for anyone but himself-McCauley McKinstry are diamond human beings who care. Im on record as never wanting Kerr to to see me. What does it take to get rid of a head practice doctor-???????????
Re:
#27: - your comment disgusts me. For you, as a health professional, to say that it is acceptable to be insulted and misdiagnosed by your gp whom your supposed to trust is appauling. Have you read the comments? This page is open for a reason.
Dr Kerr
Sue me for my comments if you dare-the peoples deaths will come back to haunt you.Ie 26 yr old rugby player with chest compaint-"your too fit to even be examined" _take a rennie- and he was dead in 10 minutes after leaving the practice.
RESEARCH LCP Liverpool care practice_they are killing people for MONEY and he is a LCP practitioner all at the succesive UK Governments approval. There are too many human beings not paying TAX, useless eaters as far as they are concerned- so dont help them live-help them DIE. LCP Killed my Mother
Regarding - Dr Kerr
Dr Kerr cannot be called a murderer, he might not be a great doctor but he does have the right to defend himself. That could be classed as slander & I don't want anyone getting into trouble for expressing their feelings. I can honestly sympathize with you regarding him but plz don't think I'm defending him because I'm not. This page I has been set up to have something done at the surgery & with comments like that. Well, it might not get taken seriously. I feel very strong about this and I don't want anything to jeopardize it.
Please feel free to comment on your problems with the surgery but any comments that could be classed as slander or personal attacks towards Staff & Doctors, will be removed. I'm sorry but this has to be done right if we genuinely want a better surgery.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE COMMENTS
Warning!
Remember the good that the staff have done. If there are a lot of concerns then ask for a public meeting to address them.
Naming and shaming staff on here could end in legal proceedings against all those who are involved in this petition.
Be careful folks!
Re: Warning
If they strike me from the practice then I will still continue to fight.
Dr Hutchinson
I think the day of Doctors being rather 'removed' from their patients should be cast to the past and they should be more caring and compassionate towards their patients. People skills are just as important in medicine as intellectual ability - or at least it should be!
Re:
While most of us understand the pressures our G.Ps face on a daily basis I think it's important that people are given the opportunity to air their grievances. The people of Whitburn have long been unhappy with the service from SOME of the doctors appointed at Whitburn surgery. I very rarely come across anyone who has anyone nice to say about any of them (apart from Dr Liam Brown who is praised quite frequently).
GPs are paid handsomely to look after our health and the people of Whitburn have a right to complain. Your 'disgust' doesn't change that. For good or bad, now that most people have access to the internet, this is the forum most people choose now to get their point across.
Re:
Dr Kerr is the most uncompassionate doctor ever, i dont know why he is still employed , he should be struck off! I would rather wait 2 weeks to see Dr Liam Brown , wonderful Dr. Sorry for your loss , sincerely , Joshua.
In defence of the receptionists
From the moment the surgery opens at 8am, they never know what they are going to be faced with - every day is challenging and never the same. They have every walk of life to deal with on the front desk and over the phone.
From the old guy walking in with chest pains who has been up all night but decided to wait till the surgery opens, the alcoholic giving you a hard time and leaching over the counter making lewd comments, drug dependants kicking off if they can’t have what they want i.e. “I want my meds NOW....I cant wait till tomorrow, sort it!”
They get mums in panic because their baby is struggling to breath, walk in patients with cuts, scalds etc, demanding to be seen there and then....the list goes on and on......
They process hundreds of prescriptions per day and make sure the patients get their meds with a 48 hour turn around - and even sooner if patients forget to order in time.
They deal with hundreds of calls hourly (and yes they DO answer the phones - sorry if it’s not straight away, but it’s because they are busy on other calls - not filing their nails).
They are also taking requests for home visits, hospitals ringing, calls for GPs, secretaries, nurses, blood test results, sick notes, ambulances, emergencies etc. etc.
On a final note they NEVER diagnose patients.....when a patient calls in looking for something urgent, the receptionists ask for a brief description of symptoms - this is because the DOCTORS ask them to do this, so the doctors can prioritise their calls, thus ensuring the most urgent cases are dealt with first ............. it is no use expecting the receptions to accept “it is urgent and none of your business” without any other explanation, as the doctors insist on more information before they even consider dealing with the call – this is because, invariably it is not as urgent as the patient thinks or says it is. This is how EVERY GP SURGERY OPERATES.
It is commonly accepted that a GP or A&E receptionist is one of the most difficult jobs in any region in any country. It is not their fault. They should be praised for the good work they do and not pilloried for any perceived shortcomings – think about it – what profession is without fault? None!
Re: Warning!
The Practice Manager is so arrogant and rude. He told me to complain if I wasn't happy with him. When I asked who to complain to I was told - THE PRACTICE MANAGER. I said there must be someone above him and he said 'No' I'm the top!! Nightmare - very pompous man. Keep clear
Re: For 'health professional' (#27) above to consider ...........
If you are disgusted it may be because you have not suffered from the unprofessional behaviour of Doctor Kerr or his 'full of his own importance' Practice Manager. You have no idea how much it hurts and how humiliating it is to be brutalized for just being ill and in need of help. Harsh, cruel, judgemental and bad, to say the least. No compassion, no understanding and snide remarks followed by criticism +++++++++++. One day they'll need mercy and I hope they get it - not like what they have meted out to us. I thought they were supposed to 'Do no harm.'
If you are poor expect to be treated like dirt, as you surely wil, and you won't be disappointed. You are treated like an inanimate object - except inanimate objects aren't human and they don't feel pain or suffer mercilessly at the hands of these inhumane people of power.
Can you imagine what it is like being terrified to go in to see Doctor Kerr knowing that he'll just insult and belittle you yet you have no other option - see him or wait four weeks for a more reasonable doctor to see you. It's like being trapped. You feel really sick afterwards and are just glad 'it is over - until the next painful appointment.' People who can choose to move away are lucky.
Harsh words hurt as much as physical pain. They'll pay for it sooner or later even though they think they've got off 'Scot free.'
I asked for help and, metaphorically speaking, I was kicked in the teeth. Enough's enough.
| This discussion has been closed. |
I have no faith or trust in what they do as they pan people off.
Something needs to be done.
I appreciate that Whitburn is full of work shy people that need a doctor's line in order not to work.
But that is no excuse to tar everyone with the same brush and have a blanket approach with regards to treating people.
I pay their wages. Their astronomical wages and I expect to be treated fairly in return.